The Content Writer on the Catalyst Scholars team is going to play a central role in the company’s mission by managing thought leadership for the team. We’re looking for someone who is an equal parts strategist, engaging writer, and researcher. In this role you will directly work with the senior leadership team to design a thought leadership strategy from the ground up, helping elevate our deep subject matter expertise on the higher education application best-practices and trends.
As the Content Writer & Editor, you will work cross-functionally to:
- Create an editorial strategy and content calendar from the ground up, alongside the Catalyst Scholars leadership; develop processes that lead to the near and long-term success of our thought leadership strategy; and manage those processes on an on-going basis.
- Assist subject matter experts and senior leaders in conceiving, framing, and developing high interest, high impact editorial content—including blog posts, guides, case studies, social media posts, infographics, and data visualizations.
- Write and edit that content in partnership with senior leaders.
- Identify data sets (internal and external to Catalyst Scholars) that can unlock new insight and analysis.
- Stay up to date on the latest developments, trends, and data around the future of work and the future of higher education.
- Grow and adapt to the evolving needs of the Catalyst Scholars team in a rapid-growth environment.
In The First Week, Expect To
- Meet the other members of the Catalyst Scholars teams.
- Begin to learn the high-level principles of Catalyst Scholars’s brand voice and strategic messaging.
- Immerse yourself in our product initiatives in partnership with Catalyst Scholars’s senior leadership.
- Integrate yourself into the Content Marketing function.
In The First Month, Expect To
- Dive into all product initiatives with your team and begin to oversee and improve our work.
- Clarify and pressure-test different processes and workflows you’ll use when collaborating with other functions.
In The First Three Months, Expect To
- Become fully integrated into Catalyst Scholars.
- Have finished several major successful initiatives.
- Strategize a quarterly roadmap for future projects and socialize with all relevant stakeholders.
In The First Six Months, Expect To
- Strategize how to scale the work you do as Catalyst Scholars grows.
- Deliver exceptional, high-quality content across channels and business lines